Upward Bound @ Keene State College
PRIMARY SERVICES OF THE PROJECT:
- Academic classes
- Community service Learning
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Group and individual counseling
- Summer Bridge Program
Director of TRIO Programs
Senior Program Support
- Career counseling
- Financial aid counseling
- College counseling
- College visits
- Weekend workshops
- 86% of participants achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a four-point scale at the end of the school year.
- 73% of 12th grade students achieved at the proficient level on state assessments in Reading/Language Arts and math.
- 98% of participants continued in school for the next academic year, at the next grade level, or graduated from secondary school with a regular high school diploma.
- 86% of graduating students completed a rigorous secondary school program of study.
- 82% of 12th grade students enrolled in a program of post-secondary education by the fall term immediately following high school graduation or received notification of acceptance and deferred enrollment until the next academic semester.
- 62% of students who enrolled in a program of post-secondary education in Fall 2008 attained either an associate's or bachelor's degree within six years following graduation from high school.