Student Support Services
Student Support Services @ the University of New Hampshire
PRIMARY SERVICES OF THE PROJECT:
Program Support Assistant
STEM Support Coordinator
Math, Technology & Graduate Services Coordinator
Educational Counselor and Coordinator
- Direct scholarship assistance to low income, first generation freshman and sophomores
- Individualized learning skills instruction
- Content area tutoring (individualized and small group)
- Personal and academic counseling
- Graduate school advising and GRE preparation
- Scholarship search assistance
- Support services for students with disabilities
- Facilitated study group instruction in specific courses
- Individualized support for using computers and internet for research
- 92% of all participants served by the project persisted from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year or graduated.
- 91% of all participants served by the SSS project met the 2.0 GPA performance level required to stay in good academic standing at KSC.
- 86% of participants served graduated within six years.