Upward Bound @ the University of New Hampshire
- Six week summer academic program
- Courses in math, the sciences, English, study skills, SAT Prep, Foreign Language, Introduction to Research and electives
- Creative problem solving
- Individual and group advising
- Training in group communication skills
- Cultural enrichment activities & Giving Back Day
- Summer Bridge Program
- Year round academic advising and advocacy
- Career counseling
- Financial aid counseling
- College counseling
- College visits
- Monthly Saturday Tutoring Academies & cultural enrichment activities
- 98% of all UB participants retained from the previous project year.
- 90% of all graduating students enrolled in post-secondary education in the fall immediately following graduation.
- 88% of participants achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a four-point scale at the end of the school year.
- 75% of all students in the 2014 cohort persisted into their second year of college.
- 115 students were identified, recruited, selected and served.
- 100% of 33 seniors graduated from secondary school with a regular high school diploma.
- 67% of students who enrolled in a program of postsecondary education in Fall 2008 attained either an associate's or bachelor's degree within six years following graduation from high school.